5 Fall Activities for Introverts

For years I doubted whether I was an introvert because I did enjoy being around people. I still do! But man, do I love those moments alone in my room. Or those moments where you go somewhere with a good friend and it feels like you are alone in the world. 

I've been planning activities keeping in mind what makes me happy and today I will share my five favorite introvert activities for fall!

Do you have other great activities for our fellow introverts? Leave them in the comments!

1. Tour your local little libraries

Little Free Libraries are derived from Little Free Pantries, which you may have heard about. Little Free Libraries are small cabinets in people's yards, where you can lend or exchange books. When I first heard about this, I figured this wasn't a thing in my area. Turns out I couldn't have been more wrong! My area has a special Facebook group where you can find a map with all Little Free Libraries in the area. There are so many, even though I live in a rural area. If you are a homebody like me, you might like to stay in your area. If you like to travel, it's amazing to find an area with a lot of Little Libraries and explore! Make sure you have a big bag full of books to exchange, make some coffee, and hit the road!

2. Create a café at home

I love the idea of a cozy coffeehouse/café to make your second home. When I get there, though, the noise often bothers me. So many people, no peace. So I create my own café at home! I make things cozy by lighting candles, closing the blinds, and making a special hot drink for myself. But by far the most helpful thing is ambiance video's on YouTube. Calmed By Nature is my favorite, they create super immersive coffeeshops where rain is constantly falling and no one is ever being loud. Currently, their most recent coffee/bookshop is the one I go for, but they have a lot of different ones you can choose from!

3. Turn leftover wax into new candles

Besides new notebooks, new candles are an instant source of joy for me, especially when days get colder! Unfortunately, I'm terrible at burning up my candles fully. They always tunnel, leaving a lot of wax with no way to light it. The trick is to let the wax melt over the whole surface when you first burn the candle, but it doesn't always work and I don't always have the time and patience for it! 
So during fall, I like to gather all my leftover wax and melt them into new candles. I melt the wax au bain-marie over the stove (by that point, the kitchen smells like heaven, but it can get overwhelming, so make sure to ventilate!). You can use pre-made wicks or make some yourself by dipping a piece of pure cotton yarn in the melted wax! I was so surprised at how well my self-made wicks worked. It's so much cheaper to find a nice ball of pure cotton yarn than to buy the pre-made wicks in my area. 
I make my candles in old candle glasses that I've cleaned out, but you can really use whatever glass you want! If the surface is very large, you might need several wicks per candle. 

4. Find your favorite hot chocolate recipe

There is just something about standing over the stove, stirring some hot chocolate with a wooden spoon. One thing I hadn't realized until last year, is that there are a billion ways to make your own hot chocolate! You can use all sorts of chocolate bars, cocoa, or ready-made powder as a base, and then there are so many other things to add as well! Vanilla, cinnamon, types of alcohol, creams, the flavor of nuts: the possibilities are endless. That also means there is lots to experiment with, which makes for a lovely afternoon in the kitchen. And as an added bonus, not much can go wrong with hot chocolate!

 

5. Crochet your own beanie

I know this sounds ridiculous if you can't crochet yet, but it is so simple, yet so rewarding! Crocheting is way easier than knitting for most people since it's easier to see what you are doing. Crochet hooks and yarn are things most thrift shops have in abundance. Though they shouldn't be expensive new either. Here is my favorite tutorial for a beanie!

The supplies you'll need: A 5 mm crochet hook (but a 4mm, 4,5 or 5,5 is fine too!), around 100 grams of yarn, a darning needle (just a fat, non scharp needle), and scissors. 

You will need to learn: How to cast on a crochet project and how to do the half-double crochet stitch. That's it! 


And that's all for now! See ya!




Comments